CBS Cuts At WBZ, WBCN, WODS

radiotony radiotony@comcast.net
Mon Feb 18 07:41:26 EST 2008

It's "Juanita, the Scene Queen." She has been on the air at WBCN and WFNX
now for more than 20 years. While I'm sad she lost the overnight gig, I'm
glad to hear they kept her on for weekends.

Best,
Tony Schinella
Politizine.com: Random musings about politics, music, the media and modern
times. Since 2002.
OurConcord.com: News and analysis for and about Concord, N.H.

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
Mark Watson
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2008 6:35 AM
To: Boston Radio
Subject: CBS Cuts At WBZ, WBCN, WODS

  In this week's NERW, Scott Fybush reports that among the CBS Radio jobs
cuts that took place nationwide, the following cuts took place in their
Boston stations last week:
At WBZ, assistand news director Paul Connearney was let go, WBCN's overnight

jock position was eliminated, with overnighter Yolanda the Scene Queen moved

to weekends, and at WODS, early evening jock Patrick Callahan was sent
packing, with JJ Wright coming off overnights to take his place. Looking at
the WODS website, it looks like there's no more overnight jock listed, so I
guess another overnight shift in Boston is gone.

Mark Watson