An Appreciation of Jess Cain

kvahey@comcast.net kvahey@comcast.net
Fri Feb 15 02:11:25 EST 2008

Because of my taste in music I only came to realize the talent of Jess
Cain for the second half of his run at HDH. I guess it was around 1975
that HDH adopted the quasi Top 40 format that BZ dropped. Jess, Sean
Casey, Dave Supple are the jocks I remember from the mid 70's. But HDH
was the station my parents listened to in the 50's and 60's.

Around 1976 or so my late Aunt Agnes became a regular on Jess' show.
It came from the day he called her for Cash Call and she barked 'The
jackpot is 8,544.85 but you are not Jess Cain, I know his voice' and
she hung up. She would become Agnes from West Newton and it was great
fun.

He was the best ever in this town and I am surprised at how few
comments have been made.