Re Re: WRGB is back!

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Sun Feb 3 10:47:11 EST 2008

July 1, 1953 was the date of the call sign change from WJZ to WABC.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom Boston LLC
20 Guest St / 3d Floor
Brighton MA 02135-2040
P: 617-779-5369
F: 617-779-5379
E-Mail: sid@wrko.com

-----Original Message-----
From: "Dan.Strassberg" <dan.strassberg@att.net>
To: Ross, A. Joseph <joe@attorneyross.com>
To:  <boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org>

Sent: 2/3/2008 10:41:27 AM
Subject: Re: Re Re: WRGB is back!

Was AM 880 still WABC as late as 1945? I thought that WEAF 660 became
WNBC and the old WABC 880 became WCBS around 1943. Both stations
changed calls on the same day (or only a day or two apart). OTOH, WJZ
770 didn't become the new WABC until much later--maybe as late as
1950. The station's owner, the company that had been known as the Blue
Network Co after its spin-off from NBC (and later changed its name to
ABC), realized that it would take a while for the association between
the WABC calls and the 880 frequency to fade in the public's mind.

-----
Dan Strassberg (dan.strassberg@att.net)
eFax 1-707-215-6367