The future of AM radio

Kevin Vahey kvahey@comcast.net
Sat Feb 2 15:54:45 EST 2008

It appears the airport was built in 1941 and taken over by the
government the following year.

http://yosemite.epa.gov/r1/npl_pad.nsf/f52fa5c31fa8f5c885256adc0050b631/C9CB3FC4B770296D8525691F0063F6CD?OpenDocument

In 1942, the military began using a public airfield at the site that
had been built the previous year. In 1952, the Commonwealth of
Massachusetts transferred 396 acres and leased 641 acres of the land
to the Air Force. The Commonwealth retained the remaining 83 acres for
its own use. Military flight operations ceased in 1973 and in August
1974, the airfield reverted to state control and was renamed L.G.
Hanscom Field.

 I don't know whether Hanscom Field existed when WLAW was