New format for WBOS

Sean Smyth sean.smyth@yahoo.com
Sat Feb 2 13:41:24 EST 2008

Kevin Vahey <kvahey@comcast.net> wrote:
> But GM and ESPN had an ugly divorce in Philly.....ESPN is now on 3
> rimshotters
>
> LANSDALE, PA WNPV-AM 1440 PHILADELPHIA
> READING, PA WIOV-AM 1240 PHILADELPHIA
> EATON, PA WEEX-AM 1230 PHILADELPHIA

ESPN never was on 950 in Philly, and it's always been on 1240 and 1230
in Reading and Easton, respectively, for as long as I can recall.

ESPN was on 920 in Trenton, which positioned itself as a Philly
station. The signal was OK in the metro during the day. They even had
one of the Phils' radio guys, Tom McCarthy, who started out as voice of
the Trenton Thunder, as their afternoon guy.

920 is back to religion (?), and Disney/ABC recently moved its
programming to 1040, which you can't hear at all in Philly. (I tried
last week.)