The future of AM radio

Peter Q. George radiojunkie3@yahoo.com
Sat Feb 2 11:44:39 EST 2008

I totally agree with you, Doug.  CBA/1070 is an
unusual case.  This signal should be preserved for
situations like the commercial fishermen and boaters
who depend on that strong AM signal that covers the
entire Maritime Provinces like a glove.  FM requires
multiple transmitters and is basically useless to the
ships at sea.  And of course, much of Maritime
Canada's economy is maritime based.  I really don't
think that CBC would lose much in keeping the 1070
signal on the air.  The CRTC should consider this to
be a special circumstance and should allow the 1070
operation to continue as well as the new FM service.
Plus the fact, people in far flung locations truly
enjoy the programming of CBC Radio One on 1070 from
Moncton, even here in the States.

Peter Q. George (K1XRB)
Whitman, Massachusetts
                           "Scanning the bands since 1967"