when talent does into an off-air meltdown

Sean Smyth sean.smyth@yahoo.com
Fri Feb 1 22:02:36 EST 2008

Kevin Vahey <kvahey@comcast.net> wrote:
> This is semi-broadcast related and happened at ESPN. This is a doozy
>
> A clip turned up on You Tube this week that somebody in Bristol, CT
> has been sitting on for 8 years.
>
> This clip had to come from the inside as since it was shot on the set
> in Bristol there was no backhaul involved.
>
> What I find fascinating is why somebody at ESPN would be rolling tape
> on Berman during a commercial.
>
> WARNING....Chris Berman uses language that would make George Carlin
> blush

http://deadspin.com/351147/chris-berman-is-somewhat-perturbed-with-the-help?autoplay=true

It was not shot in Bristol. It was shot at the ESPNZONE in Manhattan.
Still, I'm mystified that it took so long for this to come out.