Scary news about the analog TV phaseout!

Kevin Vahey kvahey@comcast.net
Fri Feb 1 22:25:58 EST 2008

There are a lot of ExpressVu dishes in Florida so the snowbirds can
get their home programing.

I also know of a bar in Chicago that has a DirecTV box that thinks it
is in Natick. This way the bar gets NESN HD for Red Sox games.

Scott mentioned Utica as being an odd market and one can understand
how they were bypassed by the dish services. Bangor on the other hand
should be included.

Northern New Hampshire doesn't get WMUR because DirecTV considers
Channels 9 and 50 to be BOSTON stations

These blackout policies have to be changed.

Major League Baseball has rules that border on the insanity. A
baseball fan in Buffalo who PAYS for the MLB Extra innings package is
still blacked out of games that include the Mets, Yankees, Indians and
Pirates because they are considered local ( yet Toronto is allowed )

http://bp1.blogger.com/_wvoLtwni0kc/RhUvZd19-xI/AAAAAAAAHg4/nE8fsbE7hmg/s1600-h/MLBBLACKOUT.jpg