Passing of Joe Kruger

A. Joseph Ross Joe@attorneyross.com
Tue Dec 30 17:06:47 EST 2008

On 30 Dec 2008 Laurence Glavin wrote:

> For at least one issue, the Vane A. Jones North American Radio-TV Log
> gave the call letters WISK for the 107.9 operation in Medford.  I have
> no recollection of ever hearing those calls, though.  I believe that
> by the time I became aware of a weak FM at 107.9 transmitting from a
> valley, the call letters in use were WHIL-FM.

I seem to remember "program tests" on a Sunday afternoon, lasting for
about an hour, using the WHIL-FM call letters.  The Boston Radio
Archives has no mention of the WISK-FM calls.  If those calls were
ever assigned, they would seem to have been gone by the time the
station actually went on the air.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                   617.367.0468
92 State Street, Suite 700            Fax: 617.507.7856