Did anyone notice this FCC regulation change

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Fri Dec 19 13:02:33 EST 2008

<<On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 11:32:29 -0500, Larry Weil <kc1ih@mac.com> said:

> This is interesting because, in effect, it requires all TV stations
> to have a web site.  I'll bet there are some small stations that
> still do not have one.

Other rules allow the station's public file to be hosted by their
state association of broadcasters or other third party (although the
station is still responsible for keeping it up-to-date and available
to all.  I suspect this will eventually pave the way for the
elimination of the requirement for stations with main-studio waivers
to mail photocopies of public-file documents (including "The Public
and Broadcasting") to viewers at no charge.

-GAWollman