So Near And Yet So Far

TVNETDUDE@aol.com TVNETDUDE@aol.com
Thu Dec 18 06:01:14 EST 2008

In a message dated 12/17/2008 12:02:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,
boston-radio-interest-request@tsornin.BostonRadio.org writes:

""So I  thought
I'd go out to the transmitter site, which is at the end of a dirt  road
perpendicular
to the main drag, Pelham Road.  There was a truck  blocking the street and it
wasn't from Costa-Eagle;  it was for  workers cleaning up the area.  One of
them said, yes, all the  RESIDENCES in the area got their power back, but
Public
Service of NH was  not yet restoring power to BUSINESSES along the street;
oops, the ONLY  business for a couple of miles IS the WCCM transmitter.""

Why don't radio station's have back up power anymore? I notice this
especially with AM stations. Last week we had a sub-station blow up in Neptune,  NJ
and WHTG 1410 and WBUD 1310 were off the air during the  outage.

Mike

Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.