30 Rock studio question

TVNETDUDE@aol.com TVNETDUDE@aol.com
Tue Dec 16 15:04:19 EST 2008

"Watching Sunday Night Football on NBC last night they were using  the
studio that looks out on the rink as usual. However the tree was  on
the other side of the rink and since the tree is directly in front  of
30 Rock it makes me wonder where the studio is or how they pull off
the  illusion. It appears to be a window given the foscus aspect on
some shots so  it isn't rear screen as far as I can tell."

I don't usually watch NBC Sports so I didn't see it but usually it is done
in 3A. Keep in mind though that they have smaller studios on the Mezz level
that  overlook the rink. One is above the NBC Store and there is one on the other
side  above whatever shop is below.

Speaking of 30 Rock a friend sent me a website for the Late Howard Reig.
There are some funny clips in it. I never knew he did so much there. When I
arrived at NBC all announcers did was live in the booth. From the  odors that were
 emitted from it you would swear they did live in it. Bill  Wendall used to
smoke cigars in there.
_http://howardreig.com/_ (http://howardreig.com/)

Mike Hemeon