WEEI, Ordway try to work out deal

Kevin Vahey kvahey@comcast.net
Sun Dec 14 11:28:46 EST 2008

The WRKO/WEEI Sox deal is said to be between 14-16 million a season
which would be second in baseball behind Atlanta. Great deal for the
Sox.

The number of unsold avails all season was staggering and I would
guess Entercom doesn't even come close to breaking even.

NESN was having the same problem in September in a tight pennant race.
It was a graphic demonstration and how weak the ad nmarket is right
now.