WFXT-25A Off-Air?

Peter Q. George radiojunkie3@yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 18:00:20 EST 2008

Checking the snow bands, I too see no sign of WFXT/Analog 25, here south of Boston.  It seems like quite a few stations are making early exits from analog, namely WGGB/40, WGBY/57, WZMY/50, WLWC/28 (who gave VERY EARLY notice of their early exit) and finally WFXT/25 (maybe).  Slowly but surely, my little Color Watchman is becoming analog "challenged".  I would not be surprised if MORE stations opt out to early shutdown.  True, it all comes to an end some 69 days from now.  I hope the next generation digital tuners can be a little more sensitive than the numb tuners that current exist.  Without some form of an amplified antenna, you have very little chance of getting a solid signal from the existing digital stations.  Ah, how nice it was to just move the VHF "rabbit ears" or the UHF "bow ties" to get a decent picture.  Now, it's the luck of the draw.  But I digress.  With twisted memories of the late Media One's old slogan,  "This is digital, this is the
 way.....".  I can only imagine what the FCC switchboard will be inundated with on February 18th, 2009.

Peter Q. George (K1XRB)
Whitman, Massachusetts
"Scanning the bands since 1967"

radiojunkie3@yahoo.com