College Radio Today

TVNETDUDE@aol.com TVNETDUDE@aol.com
Sun Dec 7 18:49:49 EST 2008

In a message dated 12/7/2008 2:46:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rogerkirk@ttlc.net writes:

"So, to  compensate, we have FaceBook & Twitter?  Why the alienation?
Even niche formats fragment our interaction.
Bruce Springsteen  wote/sang "57 Channels & Nothing On"    I long for the
days  of Top 40."

Facebook and Twitter? These are both just sophisticated forms of  texting.
You post your your life story on a billboard and people look at and if  they
like what they see. If they do they are your friend. Then you look at  theirs and
see if you like what they have written about themselves you are their
friends. Then you have to guess whether or not you are talking to the person  in the
profile or some 90 year old guy. Deep and  meaningful personal relationships
today.

I live next to Asbury Park and I am not allowed to say anything bad  about
Bruce Springstein or they will knock me off down here.

Today he sings about the lack of social interaction and  socail disconnect in
Radio Nowhere.
"This is radio nowhere. Is there anybody alive out there? I was sitting
around a dirt dial
Just another lost number in a file. Been in some kinda  dark cove. Just
searching for a world with some soul."

Mike