What will the Boston television frequencies be after February

Dan.Strassberg dan.strassberg@att.net
Fri Dec 5 22:03:58 EST 2008

Last summer when I started amassing info in preparation for the
conversion, I remember finding a Web site that provided an incredible
amount of info regarding over-the-air digital TV. The objective was to
tell you--to the extent possible--which stations you were likely to be
able to receive with passive and amplified outdoor antennas and where
you would most likely have to point your antenna to receive each
station. Information was not explicitly provided about reception using
indoor antennas because, it was explained, it was impractical to try
to provide that info; too many factors affect signal quality indoors.
Nevertheless, the information could be useful if you were planning to
try to use an indoor antenna.

You had to enter not merely your Zip code but also your street address
AND you had to provide information about your house or the building in
which your apartment is located (number of stories; type of
construction--wood, masonry, etc). With that information, the site
displayed a printable map showing the direction to each station's
transmitting antenna from your house and a code indicating the
probable quality of each signal broken down into five or so levels.

I'll be darned if I can find that site now. I tried antennaweb.com and
it did not seem to be there, but I did not search the site thoroughly.
If someone can supply the URL of this site, I doubt whether anyone
will be able to find any better guide to over-the-air DTV reception.
IIRC, the site contained information for all areas of the 50 states
and maybe for Puerto Rico too. Even though I don't know where to look
for this site, I cannot believe that the whole thing is a figment of
my imagination!

-----
Dan Strassberg (dan.strassberg@att.net)
eFax 1-707-215-6367