CH 40 Analog was shut down Sun nite

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Wed Dec 3 14:33:52 EST 2008

Except that a lot of the stations will go back to VHF in February.  So you
really can't check things out until after the switchover to see what
channels are coming in, and to make appropriate adjustments.  For instance,
WHDH-DT is currently on Channel 42, but will return to actual channel 7 when
7 analog goes off the air.  But WLVI-DT will remain on actual channel 41.
but will be mapped to virtual channel 56.

Confusing?  Even those of us who work with this stuff every day are having
fun keeping it all straight.

Larry Weil
WHDH/WLVI Master Control