Arbitron's samplingmethodologyisFARmoreimportantthanMrorMrsDePetro's misdeeds

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Mon Aug 25 09:27:08 EDT 2008

>>I believe the numbers are 4 cubic in. and 2.6 oz. From the picture, it
looks to me to be about the same size and shape as a Blackberry. I did
not check on the volume or weight of a Blackberry, so my comparison
may or may not be correct.<<

We were shown one at a presentation at our office.  It's a bit smaller and a bit fatter than an older BlackBerry (7100, 7200 or 7300 series), and a bit larger than a more modern one (8x00 series).  The base unit (charger/modem) is just slightly larger than the PPM itself.

The station-side equipment is all one rack-unit tall, and maybe six inches deep.  For each audio stream (including HD secondaries and Internet streaming), there's one main encoder, one backup encoder, and one monitor.  Adding it all up, our cluster got 40 units.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom New England
WAAF/WEEI/WEEI-FM/WKAF
WMKK/WRKO/WVEI/WVEI-FM