Arbitron's sampling methodologyisFARmoreimportantthanMrorMrsDePetro's misdeeds

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Mon Aug 25 08:30:44 EDT 2008

>>If a person wearing the PPM at the office decides to put it on their
desk while they work, instead of wearing it, won't that shut off after
an hour?<<

As I understand it, it will shut off after a certain interval (I want to say three hours, but I could be wrong about that).  Supposedly it is sensitive enough to detect the rise and fall of the chest of someone who is breathing, which is why Arbitron insists that the respondent *wear* it.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom New England
WAAF/WEEI/WEEI-FM/WKAF
WMKK/WRKO/WVEI/WVEI-FM