WLLH Lowell Transmitter Back On The Air

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Sun Aug 24 14:09:40 EDT 2008

Sean Smyth wrote:

> Chris Hall is a good engineer from the reading of it -- at least he's a
> proactive one, and he seems to know his stuff -- but I'm amazed no one
> noticed 1400 Lowell was off the air for ... days? Really? I guess 1400
> Lawrence (presuming IT still is on the air) would have covered much of
> that turf with a serviceable signal, but still.

   I believe it was mentioned on another board that Chris has purchased
silence sensors for WAMG's transmitter and both WLLH transmitters, but they
have not yet arrived. I'm also amazed that no one at the Charlstown studios
knew. Doesn't anyone take transmitter readings anymore? Is anyone in Lowell
listening?

  Lawrence was on the air while Lowell was off. The Lawrence day signal is
usable in most of Lowell, but at night the signal is lost in the jumble of
signals and noise common on Class IV graveyarders.

Mark Watson