The Hawk broken up! Maybe a new 'EEI simulcast?

David Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Sat Aug 23 21:20:28 EDT 2008

Since this came down very quickly, it sounds like Vox simply plugged
in an Ipod or PC with the songs along with a continuously looping CD
that gives the calls once an hour over whatever is playing.  It's
crude, but it works until they can figure out what to do with the
station.

I would not be surprised to see 102.3 eventually go with some sort of
automation friendly talk format.  This way they could avoid having to
pay ASCAP and BMI fees from a music format while not having to hire
much of a staff.   That is, if they have any interest in owning the
station at all.  If not, I wouldn't be surprised to see Entercom
swoop in and buy it outright just to put WEEI on it.

-Dave Tomm
"Mike Thomas"