The Hawk broken up! Maybe a new 'EEI simulcast?

Paul Hopfgarten paul@derrynh.net
Sat Aug 23 13:38:35 EDT 2008

WWHK/WWHQ (102.3 Concord NH/101.5 Merideth NH) have split.

WWHQ 101.5 retains the "Hawk" name and liners and jocks

WWHK 102.3 is playing different songs (still Rock) with no DJs, no Liners and the TOH Id was actually over the middle of a song. There's a 2-3 second dead air break between each song.

Clearly 102.3 is changing formats. Although Nassua's original deal w/ Entercom last winter fell through, I have to believe that perhaps a separate deal was made with just the 102.3 Concord signal.

My guess (as an amatuer) is WEEY-FM with a Sept 1st flip to //WEEI (the same day as WEEY 1400 Lebanon and the Maine stations)

With the vacation crowd from Boston and a (relatively) large poplualtion, Central NH seems ripe for an EEI outlet.

Thoughts? Any inside scoops?

-Paul Hopfgarten
-Derry NH