Atlantic Coast Radio Changes Confirmed

Dan Billings billings@suscom-maine.net
Tue Aug 19 18:40:35 EDT 2008

WEEI to be broadcast on 95.5 and 95.9.

The Big Jab sports talk programming to move to 96.3 and to remain on 1440.

The talk programming currently on 96.3 and 1310 will remain only on 1310.

http://news.mainetoday.com/updates/031753.html

The thing that doesn't make any sense to me is that JJ will be competing
with himself for sportstalk listeners. In the Portland market, people who
wants sports will be able to choose between 95.5/95.9 and 96.3/1440. (not to
mention ESPN on 870/1470.) The end result will be the sportstalk audience
will cannibalized.

In most markets, there is one successful sports talk stations -- not two.
Portland is not likely to be any different.

If I were the local hosts at the Big Jab, I would be updating my resume. I
doubt they will be able to compete effectively with the big guys from
Boston.