A NYC TV site

Robert F. Sutherland madprof@ix.netcom.com
Mon Aug 18 00:23:26 EDT 2008

Question of curiosity, for anyone who knows NYC sites -
today I did a FCC TV Query for NYC,
found many listed for the Empire State building of course,
but also a number of quotes of 40:44:50,73:56:38 (NAD 27)
(and NAD83 coords not listed).
All of them are a low power TV or DT, lic or cp:

WNXY-LP 43 LD cp, WNXY-LP 26 LD cp,
WNYN-LP 39 LD cp, WNYN-LP 39 tx lic,
WNYX-LP 35 LD cp, WNYX-LP 35 tx cp,
WNYZ-LP 5 tx lic,
WXNY-LP 32 LD cp, and WXNY-LP 32 tx lic.

Using Global Mapper < http://pick4.pick.uga.edu/mp/20m >
(which does topo maps, but a chore to zero in a desired coords,
and works in dd.ddddddd, not ddmmss)
this site appears to be on Long Island, Queens, Long Island City,
between 44th Drv & 45th Ave, and 23rd St & Jackson Ave.

Virtual Earth < http://maps.live.com/ >,  birds eye view
suggests the Citi Bank Building, blue glass,
tallest in area, and between these sts,
but no tower seen on top!

I haven't heard of this building being used for any transmitters, but...

Can anyone confirm that this site is indeed the Citi Bank Bldg?

Thanks for any info.....and for dealing with my obscure question.
Bob Sutherland