WKOX update 8/8/08

Dan.Strassberg dan.strassberg@att.net
Fri Aug 8 09:28:51 EDT 2008

Cross-posted from radio-info.com

Quote from: (The Other) Big John on Yesterday at 03:11:35 pm:
Here are the WKOX STA parameters that were added today (08/07/2008).
Actually, they are a reissue from last year's.

http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/prod/cdbs/forms/prod/getimportletter_exh.cgi?import_letter_id=9769

So if I read it correctly, they can operate from Newton with their
full 50-kW CP power and new patterns both day and night BUT ONLY while
they are making proof-of-performance measurements. At other times,
they can operate from Newton with their new patterns using the
currently licensed powers of 10 kW-D/1 kW-N.

It will be interesting to see if I can tell the difference between 1
kW with the old DA pattern from Framingham vs 1 k kW using the new
night pattern from Newton. Newton is closer to me than Framingham is,
but I am right in front of the Framingham night pattern whereas I am
off to the side of the Newton patterns. Also, the old Framingham
antenna system, with its (electrically) 214-degree towers, is
substantially more efficient than the new Newton antenna system whose
towers are only about 84 degrees.

-----
Dan Strassberg (dan.strassberg@att.net)
eFax 1-707-215-6367