CBS Selling off 50 Stations

Alan Tolz atolz@comcast.net
Mon Aug 4 00:39:04 EDT 2008

>Just wondering is Entercom would go into Hartford and >possibly makeWTIC
>part of the EEI network

IMO, based on the historical difficulty CBS and Clear Channel have had
monetizing urban ratings in Hartford, and Entercom's recent history of
moving toward FM with WEEI programming , they would be better served taking
93.7 and making it part of the WEEI network.

WTIC AM would likely morph into a "WRKO south" from 10 AM forward and on
weekends.  They could actually do Hartford a service by upgrading the
morning drive to a BZ type news format, but that is expensive and given
their history, I woukdn't bet on it.