CBS Selling off 50 Stations

Kevin Vahey kvahey@comcast.net
Mon Aug 4 00:19:34 EDT 2008

No station in New England has carried the Red Sox longer than WTIC.
Obviously the fans who care about NY will listen to WFAN.

WVEI-FM seems to be selling well in Springfield but the signal has
problems south of Bradley Field.

WTIC is big with UCONN sports as well so Entercom might take a flyer
on it. They also could cherry pick EEI and have at least one local CT
show.

Hartford is certainly the market size Entercom looks for and
Pittsburgh might be as well. Still I am surprised they would put KDKA
in play given the relationship that have with channel 2 there.

Scott might know how well is WGR billing in Buffalo compared to sister WBEN?