WGAN-AM Portland's 70th Anniversary

Glenn and Judy Spatola gjspatola@q.com
Sun Aug 3 18:48:55 EDT 2008

What about Bill Johnson?  Anybody know what he's been up to since he
retired?  I met him years ago, before he got into news, in 1962 when he did
the PM drive shift at WCCM in Lawrence.  I was 15 at the time.

Glenn Spatola
Port Orchard, WA

Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 19:03:13 -0400
From: "Dan Billings" <billings@suscom-maine.net>
Subject: Re: WGAN-AM Portland's 70th Anniversary
To: "Chuck Igo" <chuckigo@maine.rr.com>, "\(newsgroup\)
Boston-Radio-Interest" <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>

Very Cool.

Where is Nick Senaca working these days?  Isn't Bruce Stevens working
downeast somewhere?

The current talk incarnation of WGAN owes much to Don Kroah and Jim Crocker.
They built the morning show that the current hosts have taken to even
greater ratings success.  I hope my former co-workers, Don and Jim, get
their deserved props over the weekend.

I heard Chuck Igo and Chuck Sanford this morning.  I also heard the last 60
second of the interview with former host Willy Ritch.  Willy is currently
the flack for a congressional candidate.

-- Dan Billings
    WGAN 1990-1993