Fw: For your consideration from a Gang member

Don A donald_astelle@yahoo.com
Sat Aug 2 02:36:59 EDT 2008

FYI....I'm not sure what to make of it or who is involved.......something that got sent out from Len Zola...

UNUSUAL OPPORTUNITY IN MASS.

With all of the job cutbacks resulting from the recent wave of large scale acquisition of radio stations by large conglomerates, there exists a whole host of talented and experienced professional broadcast personalities who have had to find alternative employment. Having once been bitten by the broadcaster bug, many are eager to return to their chosen position in a chair behind a microphone.

Ours is a small, suburban 1000 watt, day timer featuring discussion and talk in southeastern Massachusetts with a large potential but a small budget. We are seeking to build an audience that will listen to proven broadcast talent so that we can re-establish our station as an important source of news, discussion, and entertainment in the communities we serve. Successfully accomplishing our objective will provide the launching pad for advertising sales by our marketing staff to the local and national business communities.

If you are a broadcaster who is itching to return to the air and re-launch your radio career, we may have a spot for you. Any compensation would be exclusively in the form of generous talent fees as ad revenue builds. If you are currently employed in another field, we can arrange for you to record your show after we sign off so it can be broadcast the next day, maybe even record it remotely from your home studio. In other words, for the right talent, we will accommodate a schedule and arrangement that will allow you to keep your present job while your earning power with us develops.

Although an air check or audition will eventually be needed to establish your performance level, your initial expression of interest  should  be  a  confidential e-mail with your name, phone number, and a brief outline of your broadcast background and experience to:

programplanner@aol.com