Hum problem solved

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Sun Apr 13 00:53:54 EDT 2008

The stereo and some other components are connected to an outlet strip
which, instead of a three-prong plug, has a two-prong plug, plus a
wire that is intended to be connected to the screw holding the outlet
cover plate.  It wasn't connected.  I connected it, and everything
works fine.

What I don't understand is why it worked previously.  If it was
connected before and came undone, I would think the screw would have
been looser than it was.  I'll probably never know, but the problem
is solved.

Again, thanks to all who responded with their suggestions.