KGA night app

Robert F. Sutherland madprof@ix.netcom.com
Sun Apr 6 21:15:01 EDT 2008

I loaded the FCC application data, night 15kw, 4 towers, parameters, etc,
and ran a plot / calculation.
They are proposing severely cutting their coverage!
Yes, Spokane would still be well covered,  but I doubt western WA
or previously covered parts of BC would still recieve a usable signal at
night.
And virtually all signal to the east will be gone.

Does anyone have hunches, clue, or inside info
on why they would do this?

Is it a sign of the times, re IBOS & skywave becoming considered useless?

Or is it a case similar to when WLIB bought WOWO, and
grossly cut WOWO's night pattern so that WLIB could increase
its own pattern?

Whatever, it's sad when a legacy AM station proposes

Bo