Strange Boston Globe Headline: Intentional Or Coincidental?

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Sat Sep 29 15:27:06 EDT 2007

I would not normally read a review of a rock or pop performance in the Globe, but
today (Sept 29) such a review appeared with an eye-catching headline. (In fact, I
did not read the whole review, just the first paragraph).  Apparently there's a
group called "Iron and Wine" (does this wine go well with spinach?) whose frontman
goes by the moniker Sam Beam.  So the Globe headline writer, seeing this, decided
to write this headline over the review: "Beam tilts sound of Iron and Wine".
Yikes...was this healine writer a radio geek purposely employing a pun on the
term for engineering an FM or TV signal so that a prepoderance of the emitted horizontal
wave is directed (usually) below the horizontal plane, or was it a strange coincidence?

Here I'll enter the URL, knowing that Globe links disappear comparatively quickly:

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/living/articles/2007/09/29/beam_tilts_sound_of_iron_and_wine/

--
We've Got Your Name @ www.mail.com!!!