Getting around the court decision?

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Fri Sep 21 12:12:28 EDT 2007

The Ch 4 interview was taped on Monday night, before the outcome of the judge's decisions was known.
It was hoped that he would have been "the new WTKK morning guy" by then.

Remember that when the news came out about Howie wanting to jump, Entercom told him not to discuss
the issue on the air. He did give vague hints, ranging from playing an elephant's roar to:
(when "Gimme Three Steps" by Lynyrd Skynyrd was used as a bumper), "gimme three steps to the
door, and you'll never see me no more...maybe we should use Tom Petty's "I Won't Back Down"...)
The elephant roar was almost him saying, "I'm about to charge right out of here to my
dream job". Now Winky the elephant is in a cage...

He also was told to read a statement that clearly was written by station management. Howie
kept saying, "it says here..." to explain that.

But yes, he didn't keep silent on TV...he did make some statements, but not many,
to newspapers, but had to keep silent on his show.