wanna help a promotion director?

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Thu Sep 20 22:47:31 EDT 2007

Some of you may recall when you were just starting out... and what it
was like to be expected to do certain jobs when you had never done
them and didn't know how to do them the right way.  Well, a station I
have consulted in the past (but am currently not working with) has a
really nice kid named Megan doing the promotions, and she is totally
new at the job.  She's just out of college and has been in radio for
4 months, which means she is learning as she goes along.  We keep in
touch, and tonight  she asked me if I knew any promotion directors
(or PDs who know how to do promotions) to whom she could ask a couple
of questions.  She's not looking for a gig, but she is looking for a
little guidance.  Her name is Megan, and she works at a talk station
in the Twin Cities.  Would anyone have time to be a resource for
her?  If so, her e-mail is <megan.gamble@gmail.com>  Use my name when
you drop her a note.  She is really eager to talk to some experienced
people in markets of any size and any format.  What she wants to know
is about the job description for a promotion director, as well as
throwing a few ideas around about stuff she wants to try to do for
her station.