Judge gives mixed results in Carr case

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Wed Sep 19 15:57:16 EDT 2007

I think the judge said he saw that Entercom hadn't officially terminated their contract with Howie and I
think Entercom feels that Howie has basically agreed to a five year renewal with them. Or is it a matter
of the contract expires after today and Howie can now accept the offer? BUT...

WTKK's statement: “At this point, Howie Carr has failed to obtain the ruling from the Court that was a condition of him coming to work for us. The court’s decision left many questions unanswered. We are disappointed that Howie will not be on WTKK tomorrow, but we are hopeful that he will be a part of the Greater Media family in the very near future.”

Kevin wrote:
>>The Judge ruled Entercom has the right to match the offer and could
not accept a deal from WTKK while his contract with WRKO was still
valid. So....If I am reading this correctly WTKK can now offer Howie a
contract but Entercom has the right to match it. BUT if Greater Media
puts it in the contract that Howie will be on FM then what can
Entercom do?

But is it a matter of matching salary or matching other perks, like being on FM?