Harvard football boasts about powerful AM signal

Paul Hopfgarten paul@derrynh.net
Mon Sep 10 16:57:22 EDT 2007

One correction....Daylight Saving Time does not end until the First Saturday
in November (new change this year)

-Paul Hopfgarten
Derry NH

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
Dan.Strassberg
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2007 3:31 PM
To: Kevin Vahey; bri@bostonradio.org
Subject: Re: Harvard football boasts about powerful AM signal

True--when WWZN is on day (NOT critical hours) pattern. I don't think
WWZN can legitimately claim to reach Connecticut during critical hours
or at night. Problem is that critical hours begin two hours before
sunset. IIRC, sunset is at 7:00PM EDT in September, 6:00PM EDT/5:00PM
EST in October, and 4:30PM EST in November. So CH begins between
5:00PM and 2:30PM in the months of interest. Connecticut won't be a
good place to listen to college football games on WWZN during much of
the season.

-----
Dan Strassberg (dan.strassberg@att.net)
eFax 1-707-215-6367