Paul Sullivan

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Mon Sep 10 07:45:51 EDT 2007

I just checked NERW and saw the sad news. While I did know that the decision had been made to stop
treatments, I was shocked that his demise has come so soon after that fact. He managed to hang
on through various surgeries and treatments and, as a Herald column noted recently, still kept
a positive attitude and a recognition that despite it all, he still had a wonderful life
with loving friends, family, and colleagues.

You get what you give is the old saying; I'm guessing that Paul got back a lot of love because
he gave a lot of love. Reminds me of the case of Ken "Casey" ("K.C.") Coleman Jr., the
Cleveland broadcaster and son of the Red Sox broadcasting legend, who passed on from
pancreatic cancer (IIRC) but had considered himself TLGITW: The Luckiest Guy In The World.
(I think even his license plate said that.)
Even though he, too, had to go through a lot of pain toward the end and died too
early, he still realized ultimately how lucky--and loved--he was. Prayers for Paul's
soul and his family and close friends/colleagues.