Ed Schultz

David Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Mon Sep 10 00:10:42 EDT 2007

Jones does not own the Ed Schultz show.  It merely distributes it.  The
show is owned by a group of investors led by Randy Michaels, the former
head honcho at Clear Channel.  He does have a background in
conservative talk, being a former PD of Cincinnati talker WLW and later
bringing Rush Limbaugh into Premiere Radio Networks while running Clear
Channel.  Since leaving CC he has dabbled in a variety of different
media, including regional TV ownership and yes, progressive talk.

Many syndicated talk shows are not owned by the companies that
distribute them.  They may offer sales support, use of studio space and
the satellite uplinks, but ownership is a different story.  While
Premiere distributes Limbaugh, I don't think they own the show
outright.  I would think at this point Rush has full ownership of his
program.

-Dave Tomm
"Mike Thomas"