Ed Schultz

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Sat Sep 8 03:09:01 EDT 2007

At 02:37 AM 9/8/2007, Don A wrote:

>>Progressives don't waste their time with Wars on Christmas or
>>"Family Values" agendas.  They don't have to pander to the religious right...
>

>Instead, they just pander to the Liberal Left.

I don't think progressive talkers pander any more than rightie
talkers do.  Talk show hosts are there to appeal to their base, their
target audience.  I do find some of the progressives a lot more
honest and a lot more balanced than the Michael Savages and Rush
Limbaughs of the world-- Thom Hartmann is quite accurate in his
assessments of most issues, and he seldom bashes anyone-- he even has
conservatives on his show as guests.  So does Ed Schultz sometimes,
and he's more of a moderate than a "liberal".  But that said, I don't
mind liberals, I don't mind conservatives.  But I do mind insults and
hate speech no matter which side is doing it.