Ed Schultz

Mark Casey map@mapinternet.com
Fri Sep 7 15:25:43 EDT 2007

>>I am still mystified by why nobody picks up Ed Schultz-- the guy
has proved he can make money and get ratings...

I'm also surprised he's not on, at least according to his website, anywhere
in Eastern New England. Seems like he could make some numbers and dollars
for a few of the smaller signal stations, especially in the more liberal
areas of New England.
Schultz is on out here in WMass on 1240/1400/1600. He picks interesting
subjects, but his show is a bit dry at times, although reasonably
entertaining, and he's not out on any crazy wing, politically. (I don't know
about everyone else, but when they start the nutty way-out opinions, or
start swearing, or start telling you how all of one party or religion are
bad, or talking about some stupid sex thing-- then my radio channel gets
changed, usually to music.)
However, his rating on the integrity meter took a big slump when, a couple
weeks ago, I heard his personal endorsement of a gasoline additive that
claims 10-20% increase in mileage. All of those type of products have been
scientifically proven to be completely or at least, mostly, worthless. Also,
see Clark Howard's comments on that type of product. Now, there's a talk
show host that rates high on the integrity meter!