Ed Schultz (was: Prov. shuffle: Rush, Buddy, etc)

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Fri Sep 7 09:44:54 EDT 2007

>>The newspaper, the Fargo (ND) Forum,  is owned by a major donor to
the Republican party and never says a kind word about Ed even
though he has HUGE ratings in Fargo

ah, another public figure/newspaper feud (much like Teresa
Kerry's incident with a reporter from a Pittsburgh-area paper who was not
so fond of her over the years, IIRC, etc.)

>>That said, Hannity and Schultz have been going at each other on the
air the same way Keith Olbermann goes after Bill-o and vice versa.

I hadn't heard Hannity all that much because he's on opposite Howie
but with Howie on vacation, I was checking out his show a bit, so
I hadn't known that. I do know of several feuds like this-- Sean
poked fun at Michael Savage when a caller brought up something
and Hannity replied, "Oh, was this something you heard on
the Michael Weiner show?" (For the record, that is Savage's
given last name...) and Savage also name-calls other talk
hosts (O'Reilly = "The Leprechaun"; Rush = "The Golfer"
after Limbaugh's frequency in taking time off to play golf, etc.)

>> Ed has
offered to debate Sean, but Sean keeps refusing.

That's what Sean was saying; he said that when certain
conditions were met, he'd have him on (I forget what
the conditions were)

>>Ed still is conservative about certain issues, by the way-- he is
very much pro-life, but doesn't believe the government should
impose religious doctrines on anyone else, so he just doesn't
discuss it on his show.

Well maybe a station around here would put him on (I didn't really check
out his show before other than a minute or so, and he was actually
talking a bit of sports not politics) so people would know this.