If 890 is sold

Paul Hopfgarten paul@derrynh.net
Sat Sep 1 09:38:21 EDT 2007

Since 103.7 Westerly comes in good in those areas where 99.5 is weak, I
would think it would be a good match, actually.

-Paul Hopfgarten
-Derry NH

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
Don A
Sent: Saturday, September 01, 2007 3:17 AM
To: David Tomm; Kevin Vahey
Cc: bri
Subject: Re: If 890 is sold

> With Entercom buying into WCRB, the rumors were flying around a few
> weeks back about WEEI's sports format eventually moving to 99.5.

One of the reasons WKLB wanted to get off of 99.5...is the terrible signal
they have on the South Shore.

Why would they want to put sucessful programming on an inferior signal?

>  If that ever comes to pass, they could put ESPN on 850 and run it 24/7.

Why would they want to enable another sports outlet in Boston?

I would think they would want *all* sports listeners on one station.