If 890 is sold

David Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Sat Sep 1 03:32:20 EDT 2007

On Sep 1, 2007, at 3:16 AM, Don A wrote:

> One of the reasons WKLB wanted to get off of 99.5...is the terrible
> signal they have on the South Shore.
> Why would they want to put sucessful programming on an inferior signal?

99.5 is still a better signal than 850, plus it's FM.   Besides, with
103.7 audible over most of South Shore and WPXC on the Cape signing on
with the WEEI Network soon,  pretty much the entire market would be
able to hear WEEI on FM 24/7.  That's better than 850 under any
circumstances.

> Why would they want to enable another sports outlet in Boston?
> I would think they would want *all* sports listeners on one station.

But there is a segment of the audience who may want a more national
perspective.  ESPN would provide that, and WEEI would have a place for
overflow programming, instead of WRKO.  Besides, you could sell the two
sports stations in tandem with eachother.  ESPN850 would protect WEEI
and solidify the sports brand for Entercom by keeping other operators
from signing on a competing format.

-Dave Tomm
"Mike Thomas"