If 890 is sold

David Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Sat Sep 1 02:06:24 EDT 2007

I'm sure WEEI will make a bid for the affiliation.  They'd love to have
the ESPN play by play available to them.   They could entice ESPN by
pitching to air the network during off hours on all of their
affiliates, including the Nassau ones--at least in markets where ESPN
isn't already committed to another station, like in Providence.

With Entercom buying into WCRB, the rumors were flying around a few
weeks back about WEEI's sports format eventually moving to 99.5.  If
that ever comes to pass, they could put ESPN on 850 and run it 24/7.
Overflow games could run there along with BC sports, which doesn't have
much appeal to most of WEEI's network stations.  In turn, WEEI could
broadcast major ESPN events like NFL football, MLB playoffs, NBA games,
etc.  Plus, they'd regain access to Peter Gammons and other area ESPN
personalities.

-Dave Tomm
"Mike Thomas"