Carr, Entercom make their cases

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Wed Oct 17 01:56:57 EDT 2007

On 16 Oct 2007 at 14:47, Dan.Strassberg wrote:

> As I understand it, had he not signed the contract with Greater Media
> until his contract with Entercom had expired (last month), he would be
> off the hook, and Entercom, having failed to get him to re-sign with
> them (they allegedly made no more to do so), would have been
> completely out of luck. Not waiting a few weeks to sign the contract
> with GM sure sounds like gross stupidity to me. If the story as I
> heard it is correct and Mintz Levin nevertheless really OKed his
> signing the Greater Media contract when he signed it, I would say that
> Howie has a great case against his own attorneys--assuming that he can
> find a lawyer who will take such a case.

It may seem that way on the surface, but to evaluate whether Carr has
a case against his lawyers, one would have to actually read the
contract and know a lot about the circumstances that led to the
signing.  I would expect that Carr's lawyers explained the contract's
terms to him in great detail. A large firm handling that large a
transaction very likely gave him their explanation in writing.  It
was Carr's decision to sign the contract, and he would only have a
case against his lawyers if they failed to explain something to him
properly, and he signed based on that failure.

As for getting a lawyer to take the case, if it's a good case,
someone will take it.