Carr, Entercom make their cases

Don A donald_astelle@yahoo.com
Tue Oct 16 13:10:24 EDT 2007

> It would be absolutely wonderful to find out that Carr could not
> legally work in Boston radio until 2012--and all because of his own
> avarice (and stupidity).

Stupidity?  Like any wise person, he sought out some very good legal advice
from the gang at Mintz Levin (Not too shabby...).

And for most of us laymen...we do what the lawyers tell us.

However, in the end, we are reminded that all lawyers give us is their
"read" or "opinion".

No one really knows the answer until it gets before a judge.

I, too, am surprised that the judges don't find the "right of first refusal"
to be just another instrument to effect a "non-compete"...which we now know
is illegal.