Even with the playoffs the Entercom moves the Sox around

John Francini francini@mac.com
Wed Oct 3 15:41:07 EDT 2007

Actually, if I were Red Sox management, I'd try to get Entercom to
stop shuffling the games around, and PUT THE DAMN GAMES ON WEEI AND
LEAVE THEM THERE. A talk station has NO business carrying sports.
Especially since the audiences don't cross over well. It's always
bugged me that WBZ-1030 AM has continued to carry Bruins Hockey,
especially when that is so far off from their normal evening fare.

Back when the good Dr. Brudnoy graced our airwaves, you could always
tell just how much he loved being pre-empted for "an exciting hockey
game". His delivery of that line was always dripping with sarcasm.

And at the same time, Dennis and Callahan on WEEI have NO business
talking politics, current events, or any other subject that they
stick their noses into that ISN'T sports.

Sorry for the ranting tone, but I'm tired of all this shuffling around.

And yes, the games are on ESPN 890/1400 as well, but that's a
national broadcast, with a national angle, not Joe Castiglione and
<insert color-man-of-the-day-here>.

Sigh.

John