Howie writes about Jerry Williams' brawl at WMEX

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 14:00:08 EDT 2007

The fact that WMEX had any listeners away from the coast when doing talk
when you had WTOP and WKBW coming in stronger on both sides is astounding.

I remember talking one night to Mac Richmond's nightime spy at WMEX (Norman
Soloman ) and he told me the only reason Mac went to 50,000 watts was so it
would impress the ad agencies and he could get more money for spots.

Norman would be there 7 nights a week and would also visit Squantum to make
sure the transmitter tech was awake.