Bonneville is already using "Nightside" name

SteveOrdinetz hykker@wildblue.net
Mon Oct 1 21:11:34 EDT 2007

Garrett Wollman wrote:

>I certainly don't want to pre-judge the show when it's only just
>begun, but if the past few months of "on-air auditions" have been any
>guide, I don't think I'm likely to be listening.  Don't get me wrong:
>Dan Rea is a competent broadcaster and a good interviewer, but every
>time I've listened to him over the past few months, he's really left
>me cold.  Based on what I've heard, I can't imagine ever hearing a
>news story and thinking, "I wonder what Dan Rea has to say about
>this."  Perhaps WBZ is trying to make a break from the past two
>decades of distinctly opinionated evening talk hosts, but I don't
>think they're likely to carry me along.

I'm not sure I'd quite put it that way, but I also see him as a break
from the way nights have been done on WBZ.  David Brudnoy & Paul
Sullivan were just more "folksy" (not really the right word, but the
only one that comes to mind right now), where Dan seems to have a
harder edged, let's-get-to-the-point approach.  I'll probably still
tune in if I'm on the road at night, but he definitely has a
different style than his predecessors.