NHPR to add three stations and boost three

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Tue Nov 27 20:40:23 EST 2007

Larry Weil wrote:

>> A brief AP story (11/27/07) says that New Hampshire Public
>> Radio has requested FCC permission for changes at six of its
>> transmitter sites:
>> upgrades at Littleton, Colebrook, and Holderness/Plymouth,
>> and new outlets at Claremont, Laconia, and Peterborough.
>>
>> Anyone know more about it?
>>
>> http://www.boston.com/news/local/new_hampshire/articles/2007/1
>> 1/27/nhpr_seeks_to_expand/
>>

> It sounds to mee like they are trying to fill in some holes in their
> coverage. Although it seems to me that some of this may be overkill,
> coverage in Peterborough, for example, really improved a couple of years ago
> when they added the 88.3 in Nashua.
>
> I know that there was recently a filing window for non-commercial
> frequencies.  I don't know if any competing applications have been filed.

There were about 3600 applications nationwide. Of the NHPR apps, only
Colebrook was a "singleton" (no competing app). The others will be tied
up for years, probably.

Many more details in next Monday's NERW...